Welcome to the new home of the Ark console.
The original Ark console was designed and built by Malcolm Toft.
Last year, Malcolm decided to retire from pro audio manufacturing, and is no longer designing or building professional audio products.
As a result, the original Ark is no longer available.
While the original Ark was a good concept, there was definitely a lot of room for improvement.
A whole group of people has been working on a new version of the Ark for over 18 months, with the ultimate goal to deliver a fully modular and configurable analogue console suited for todays workflows and setups, with quality and features unheard of in this price range.
We are now more than happy to announce that the all new Ark8 is available.
The Ark8 is an extremely high-quality analogue console which offers a large amount of new and exciting features and functions.
We listed some of theses features below.
High Voltage - Discrete - Class-A - Modular - Configurable - Analogue - Console
Priced as a small-to-medium format analogue recording and mixing console, the Ark8 has the features and attitude of a large-format console.
The concept and design of the Ark8 has taken over 12 months, and is the sum of the input from professionals from all over the world and from all parts of the audio industry.
The Ark8 has been designed - from the ground up - by this international team of audio professionals.
Every function, every feature, every switch and every knob has been questioned and discussed, with full respect for decades of recording technology, but also constantly keeping in mind that the best way to use an analogue console today may not necessarily be the way it was used in the past.
* To allow for different workflows and setups, the Ark8 is fully modular, fully configurable and fully expandable.
* For signal amplification and control, all new, high-voltage, discrete op-amp cards have been developed that eliminate crossover distortion while offering extended headroom, dynamic range, and improved frequency response.
* To allow full flexibility, the console has been split-up in 8-channel buckets, each bucket has been split-up in channels, and each channel has been split-up in separate sections. Each of these channel sections is available in different versions.
* The Ark8 is designed and hand-built in the EU and the UK
* Fully discrete, Class-A design
* High Voltage (48V)
* Fully symmetrically balanced discrete summing bus system
* Fully modular, configurable and expandable
* Independent frames of 8 channels (bucket)
* Independent frame with master section (bucket)
* Independent, 19” wide frame with space for rack mount units or patch bay (producer desk)
* Double-wide producer desk with flat (horizontal) wooden workspace
* Multiple frames can be combined to build any size console
* 8 to 64 mono, inline or stereo channels
* 8 to 128 mono or stereo inputs to the mix busses
* Up to sixteen 500-series slots per block of 8 channels
* Middle section with 500-series slots or Ark8-specific modules (EQ’s, compressors) per block of 8 channels
* 8 subgroups
* Unique Aux Doubling Technology offering up to 16 auxes (patent pending)
* 5.1 and 7.1 monitoring
* External inputs to Master busses, group busses and aux busses for “side-car” or direct connection
* Optional Transport Control and Fader Automation
* Designed in the EU and the UK.
* Hand-built in the EU.
The Ark8 is ready to be installed in your studio.